Saturday, September 15, 2007

A Fun Afternoon Watching Tennis in Moscow

Maksim was enjoying another relaxing day and getting ready for his nap. So Gramie suggested that David and I go to the Fed Cup Tennis Finals and she would stay with Maksim. How nice is that!! :) So David and I grabbed our coats and went off to the stadium. We were so excited to see Franchesca Play. We arrived at the stadium and got to our seats. We were in the VIP section right behind the Italian team. It was so exciting!!!! It was a huge match for the reigning team (Italians) vs. the Russians. Although the Italians were the underdogs in the final matches. However, to be that close and watch their power and control was amazing. David and I were in awe! Francesca was so intense! She has an amazing one-handed backhand! It was a very close match- unfortunately Francesca Schiavone lost to Anna Chakvetadze 6-4,4-6,6-4. We were bummed, but still so happy to see her play and see the match. We left the stadium and headed back to see Gramie and Maksim. They were having fun playing in the room and she said "they had watched the match on T.V." We all were ready for dinner and then it was off to bed. Since David and Maksim were both coming down with colds :(







Maksim watching his friend Francesca on T.V.


Oh no Mr. Monkey I can't watch...Was it in or out?


Go Francesca!!!


I am too nervous...I can't watch.


I am so upset...I can't believe they lost!

No comments: